11.16.2010

Our New Roommate


This is Jaden. She is my darling sister-in-law's kitty and Brad and I have offered to take care of her for just a little while...

Jaden has been here for about six weeks already and she and I have gotten to know and understand each other a bit now. She is a unique little cat. Apparently the story goes that one of Darah's coworkers was in downtown San Diego and was approached by a homeless woman with a teeny tiny kitten in her hand. This woman handed the kitten to Darah's friend and simply walked away. Back at the office, she asked if Darah would watch the kitten for awhile, since Darah had a closed office rather than a cubicle. And that is how a little tiny Jaden wound up asleep on Darah's lap for the rest of the day... and stayed with her for the next three years.

Let me take a moment to describe this cat. First, she has a pretty serious underbite so her lower jaw kind of juts out giving her a funny little grimace. Second, her tail is broken, this causes all kinds of fun! It just hangs behind her, offering none of the benefits cat's tails are famous for. She lacks all balance and grace, poor thing. Third, she is a little bit dog-like in her attachment to her humans. She will happily follow me around the house and curl up with me for a nap... when I wake up and stretch she stretches too. :)

She has decided that water bowls are completely passe´ and will only drink from a bathtub tap that is dribbling at just the right volume. One fateful afternoon I decided to give her a taste of my chicken noodle soup broth (keep in mind that this is a cat that is uninterested in anything other than her kibble) well, she loved it. She loved it so much in fact that now she stares me down in the kitchen and jumps when she sees the bowl I gave her the broth in. Oh boy. When she wants to be cuddled she flips around on the floor like a fish. When she scratches something she shouldn't all I have to is calmly tell her not scratch there - to go to her scratching post. And she does!

All this to say, thanks for letting us borrow her Darah, we're having fun. And if we come up with a good video we will post it for you!


Julie

1 comment:

  1. Julie! You are too cute! Thank you sooooo much for taking care of my little munchkin! :) I know this long stay wasn't the original plan but I'm so glad that her little quarks are proving to be entertaining rather than 100% annoying. haha! She is cute, isn't she?? ;) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete