6.24.2010

Happily Ever After... Part Two

Here is the next installment in the wedding series! Sorry if I am overwhelming you pictures but it's so hard to choose... thanks again to Steffany and Carson with Nothing But Miracles Photography for capturing such a special day.



My new sister-in-law Darah was a brilliant bridesmaid, she flitted around the dressing room helping all the girls get ready... and look at Amy! So lovely. Her wedding is in less than a month!! And for that matter, Darah's is coming up in October! Gosh... this has been quite the year for weddings!


There's my dress! I loved my dress. So much. And look at my bouquet! Thanks Hannah!


This me and mom right after she arrived at the Darlington House... I was anxiously awaiting her approval of my hair! On the day of your wedding there are two people whose stamps of approval are vitally important... your fiancé's and your mom's. I think I got both. ;-)


Getting the dress down!


Kirstie was a trooper with all those tiny buttons!


There are my shoes! I looked for a long time for the perfect, low-heeled, light grey shoes... there were always either too tall or too expensive. Then I found these! On eBay! They're vintage and my size! And I won't even tell what a steal they were... wouldn't want to cause anyone to stumble with envy. :)


Putting them on... this was a little tricky for a clutz like myself.


Brad's mom, Rudy, seeing me in my dress and everything for the first time... she was SO excited! I love her.


Look at these two! They're a mess! Leave it to the mommy's... so cute.


I gave each of the girls an antique hankie that I embroidered with their initials and put it in a personalized little clutch so they could keep their essentials with them in style! It was really fun to put together.


Aren't they gorgeous?? I seriously have the most beautiful friends and family. Inside even more than outside. These girls are gems. I love each and every one of them. Left to right we have: Kirsten, my dearest friend from college, Kirstie (I know!), sweet, sweet sister, Darah, Brad's sister and my new sister in law, Heidi, my brother's lovely new wife and my other sister in law, and Amy, my precious friend since childhood.


Soon it was time for the bridal portraits and I have to say I was a little uncomfortable at first... but Steffany did a great job.


I like this one with the antique books!


Darah said a prayer for us before we headed out...


One last hug from my mommy before the ceremony.


Brad wore these cufflinks that I gave him for his birthday.


What a handsome guy I married!



Our pastor, and Brad's boss, Miles McPherson, said a prayer for the guys before they headed down for the ceremony.


Here's the little guy that nearly stole show! Our ring bearer, Ezekiel. Looks like Heather is trying to put his bow-tie on in this shot...


Here he is holding the ring pillow I made for the ceremony!



Love that smile.


Walking to the ceremony with my daddy. I love him.


One last kiss for Ezekiel!

I can't even explain how much I love this picture. Brad looks like a little kid at Disneyland he's so excited and Rudy is so emotional! I can't imagine, though, what that must have been like for her... Brad's father passed away when Brad was only ten years old and he is the spitting image of Bill. I know he would be so proud of his son.


The bridesmaids are walking out!


Please don't get me started on why those handsome men are not wearing their boutonnieres. All the time I spent crafting them... **pained face**... However, out of everything that could have gone wrong that day, missing boutonnieres are pretty minor.


The girls, on the other hand, looked perfect. So lovely.


Ezekiel needed a little help figuring out where to go... (I got a little confused myself!) :)


Yay!


I can't tell you the joy I was feeling. Completely indescribable.



It was too much! All of it! I was out of control happy...


But we all pulled it together for the prayer.


Cutest little man.


My Grandpa John read 1st Corinthians 13 for us...


Meanwhile Ezekiel tried to go swimming in the fountain... aww... look at that face!!


Brad and I decided at the last minute to write our own vows... oh man. I knew we would get emotional but I had no idea how emotional it would be! Brad's words were so sweet, so real, so meaningful, so special. I loved it.


He had me laughing one second and crying the next.


All the while, in the back, these faithful ladies were making everything happen!


Ted Vaughn was so kind to do the music for us. He did an amazing job.


Our communion table!


Saying a prayer.


Breaking bread. "This is My Body broken for you. Do this in remembrance of me."


We're married!!


Yay!!

One more kiss for mom!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Julie. I came over via the link you left in feedback to checkout the photos. Your wedding looked absolutely stunning and what a beautiful dress. Congrats again!!

    Jennalou

    ReplyDelete