3.31.2010

A Lovely Affair

I recently enjoyed the most beautiful Bridal Shower on March 27th... my aunt Lynne did an amazing job putting it all together and my Grandma Taylor, my Mom, my sister Kirstie, and my Aunts Janet and Susie also helped so much. I can't explain how loved I felt that Saturday and what a lovely and incredible party they put together for me.


It was held at my Grandma's home in Glendale and they had been fixing it up for weeks before the party - it looked amazing! Our family has had so many memories at that house. My parents and all of my aunts and uncles had their wedding receptions there and I had many a birthday in the backyard. It is definitely a special place.


I was so blessed to have all of my friends and family there with me. My soon-to-be Mother in Law came all the way from Rhode Island! One of my bridesmaids came from Utah! These women are so special to me - every one of them.


Ninny (my aunt Lynne) made me "Coronation Chicken" since it's fit for royalty - hah! We also had deviled eggs, fruit, candied pecans, yummy rolls, and all kinds of goodies. Delicious.


Beautiful ranunculus!


My sister and my Grandma Ruth, so cute.


Love my Grandmas. Love them.


Then the gifts started. I've rarely been in a situation where I opened presents alone while people watched. At least not for a long time... it was a little odd. But fun. :)


My friends put together some very pretty packages. I am blessed.


I love this picture... It completely tells the story of what was going on... You have me looking at Kirstie with a "you didn't" face and Kirstie with her pretty little head cocked in a "oh you bet I did" response. Classic picture Heidi, thanks.


My beautiful Mom.


My stunning sister and Maid of Honor.


Admiring my gorgeous cake!


Seriously! Look at it! It's perfect!! Ninny had it made for me at the Cakery Bakery.


I still can't believe how gorgeous everything was. It looked like a magazine! Truly amazing.


My precious soon to be Mother in Law and Sister in Law! They are the sweetest people and I am so blessed to have them in my life.


Getting ready to cut!


Delicious.


Amy and Kirstie dear friends, sisters, and bridesmaids. Amy is actually getting married in July and Kirstie and I will be bridesmaids in her wedding! I tell you, something's in the water around here...


Mom with my first-cousin-once-removed (or my cousin's baby) Jack. What a doll.


Me and Ames.


The incredible flowers by Jacob Marse. A gift from my mom and SOO beautiful. I have to admit... I am a little nervous that this shower was TOO beautiful. People are going to expect the same level of perfection at the wedding and I may not be able to deliver! Oh dear...


My sweet sister-in-law Heidi (and the photograper of the day). I love her. Scott picked me out a great new sister.


All in all a lovely day, in a beautiful home with all of the women that mean so much to me. I am so blessed to be surrounded my strong Christian women. I love the tradition of showering the Bride before her wedding, not just for the presents but for the support and love and encouragement of it. It felt like I was taking part in something so ancient and important. Every culture has their own way of preparing a young woman for this new phase in her life and I find it fascinating to see how God uses these cultural traditions to really build bonds and fill a very real need. Sorry for the anthropological tangent... not sure where that came from. All I wanted to say was Thank You to everyone that came and everyone that was a part of making my shower happen. Especially Ninny. It was perfect. Love you guys!!

2 comments:

  1. It really was a wonderful day. Thank you for inviting me! I agree completely with your last paragraph. So wonderful to have the support of a community to enter into something so sacred as marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shower looks amazing! The picture of you and your mom is stunning - you both look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete