3.17.2010

One Month to Go!!

Wow... how time flies! Sorry I haven't been a very good blogger lately. It seems like I never stop from the moment I get up until late at night... and yet my to do list never seems to shrink! The second I cross one thing off something new is added. Here are a few of the projects I've been working on...


I finally finished the invitations, which was a huge project, but I think they turned out pretty well!


Brad and I had our silhouettes done at Disneyland one day so we put those at the top. I wrote out our names and scanned them in to Photoshop.


I found antique wallpaper and scanned that in and re-sized it for the envelopes. Brad figured out how print them in the shape of an envelope.


I collected antique stamps for the postage (which Brad thought was a little crazy at first but now admits is one of his favorite parts of the invite). Brad and Kirstie helped me apply the stamps.


I drew out the response card... and last, but not least, I addressed them all! Phew!



Oh, and the lovely flowers were a present from Brad in my darkest hour... when the invites HAD to go out and I was so so sick... and he then sat up with me and helped me until they were completely finished. What a guy.

My next project was the boutennieres... I visited the famous Tinsel Trading Co. while I was in NYC and the owner was sweet enough to help me put together some ideas.

Heaven.

I knew I didn't want fresh flowers because I wanted them to last forever as a keepsake. I love boutonnieres too much to see them wilt.


Once I was home and the invitations were done I was able to start in on my pet project!



I put together different combinations until I found something I liked and then I taped them together and wrapped the stems with ribbon! I still need to figure out how to attach them to the boys - safety pins? Straight pins? Duct tape??


Golly, though, I love them... Now on to the next project!

4 comments:

  1. Julie, you are amazing! I love your love for details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the boutonnieres. I too am a fan of ones that will last. You are so creative! The picture of the spool is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie! I love your invitation and have it displayed in a place of honor-on my refridgerator! Only the most important items go there! Sorry the response card isn't leaving it's spot until absolutely necessary-I love everything you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Merrie... you don't have to send it back... just tell me how many and I'll mark it down! Love you!

    ReplyDelete