8.11.2009

Baby Shower!


We girls celebrated a very special occasion on Sunday... My cousin Missy is getting ready to welcome the very first baby among 13 cousins. So amazing. It's a precious little boy and they are going to name him Jack! I can't wait to see that sweet little face and squeeze his chubby little legs (which by the looks of it will be exceedingly long).


My Aunt Susie, my Mom, and I put together the little "to do". I tried to channel my favorite event planner, Amy Atlas, though in order to really do it justice I would need considerably more time and money... I did like how the fabric pennant turned out though and the white balloons are cute!


Oh well. I think it turned out nice and it was so fun to be able to do that for Missy.





I also got a little crafty and made her a couple of onesies! It was actually easier than I was expecting... I bought a pack of onesies (at Michaels of all places!) and picked out some fabrics.



Then I thoroughly starched and ironed the fabric. Next I drew and cut out the shapes I wanted to applique and pinned them to the onesie - make sure to only go through one layer of fabric! Ha! I must have made that mistake 3 times!


Finally, I took some coordinating embroidery floss and whipstiched around the shapes to hold them together. Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment