10.12.2009

~ Utterly Engaged ~


It's been one month since Mount Washington and I feel like I've been caught up in a whirlwind of activity. I don't know if I have ever been so excited and simultaneously so overwhelmed in my life. I am marrying my very dearest friend. A man I love, trust and respect completely. I am so perfectly at peace with our decision to get married - but it is still a lot to take in! So much is happening in the next six months it is kind of amazing. My brother is getting married to the most lovely girl in November, my little sister is going off to UCSD in January, and now I'm getting married in April!! Oh, my poor mother. As she so perfectly put it, "They are all good things... but all at once it's just too much!"


My brother and his fiancee had the most darling engagement photos taken! Hmm... I think Brad and I may need some of these done... aren't they precious?



So, why April? Well, a few reasons. Logistically, April 17th is the only day in all of April and May that our pastor could officiate our wedding. April weddings are less expensive than June weddings and often have better weather (and everything is so green!). Everyone we have talked to has told us to keep the engagement short and the wedding simple - it's about the marriage not the wedding. Also, we believe that the Lord has plans for us and for our life together and if you truly believe that, it seems wrong to put His plans on hold so that you can have more time or money to plan a party (more or less). Not only that but we love each other and can't wait to be married! So, in the end, April is what works for us and what we feel good about.


Now the rubber hits the road! I have so many ideas and so much to do! I hope you enjoy the journey with me!

1 comment:

  1. April weddings are the best! We will be married for 3 years this April 28th :)

    Also, I love what you wrote about short engagements! You have a lot of wisdom in that area. Adam and I were engaged for 4 months and it was great, busy, but great. ANy more time and I would have just found more ways to spend more money :)

    ReplyDelete