10.20.2009

Venue Updates...


On Thursday Brad and I checked out the schoolhouse and I guess we're going to keep looking... The actual schoolhouse was very cute and Stephanie was helpful and sweet but neither of us are fans of gazebos and/or painted concrete. I don't know, it just didn't feel right.


I think we'll know it when we see it. We both still really like the Thursday Club (not available on Saturday the 17th - only Sunday) and when we talked to Pastor Miles he said he might be willing to tape the first service and possibly just to a video cast for the remaining 4 services that Sunday! So sweet.


I wish we could use an old church (I have a thing for pews) but it would seem that they all require you to use their clergy for the ceremony and some even require you to be baptized into their church! (Reminds me of My Big Fat Greek Wedding). Brad thinks maybe he could pull some strings though so I'll keep my chin up!


We are also going to check out a couple of places in Temecula (as a last resort if nothing in San Diego works). One is an estate and it looks very pretty... and the other is an outdoorsy, park scenario with lots of trees. Which I love the idea of - I imagine it looking something like this:


Which is my problem. get all excited imagining what it could look like then I get there and it's not nearly as cute as my head made it out to be. :(

Oh well, I can't worry about it... as the Lord has told me, "...I know the plans I have for you... plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11) He has it all figured out - I just have to have faith.

1 comment: